Establishing and managing data pipelines.
THE DEVOPS ENGINEER OPPORTUNITY at Bear Cognition:
Our DevOps Engineers work collaboratively with our development teams to deploy and operate our systems by developing automation solutions for many of our resource intensive cloud operations. A successful DevOps Engineer has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The Engineer should be comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, applications, and processes. Aside from technical duties the Engineer should be able to communicate effectively with the Technical Solutions Manager.
In addition to the technical qualifications, Bear Cognition is looking to bring on someone who is excited about the field and their career development. Our team members are encouraged and expected to put their mark on the development and success of the company. This role provides the opportunity for professionals to enact meaningful progress and innovation in everything we provide our customers.
*Please note that Bear Cognition currently does not sponsor any work visas*
*Position is located in Charleston, SC
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems and 2+ years of professional or 3+ years of professional or military experience.
- 2+ years of Hands-on programming experience in Python
- Experience writing Bash Scripts and ability to bootstrap instances
- AWS experience
- Understand the full software development life cycle
- Experience in developing/deploying CI/CD workflows and tools
- Ability to effectively translate business processes into Cloud Infrastructure implementations
- Experience deploying Kubernetes or Docker
- AWS Certifications (Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, DevOps, Developer)
- 1+ years of Hands-on experience with Terraform, SAM, or Serverless framework
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps
- Multi-Cloud experience (Azure, AWS, Google)
We are committed to giving you:
A competitive starting base salary
Progressive bonus compensation structure
Training and Certifications
Tuition reimbursement program
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) program
*Covid-19 Policy: All Bear Cognition employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination status.
Bear Cognition is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bear Cognition strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Bear Cognition offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Bear Cognition.