Developing and deploying Machine Learning Algorithms, translating those insights through data visualizations.
THE DATA SCIENTIST OPPORTUNITY at Bear Cognition:
The primary focus of this position will be to develop and deploy Machine Learning Algorithms on client's data to provide business insights that will then be communicated in the form of data visualization. The Data Scientist is responsible for data preparation, the ML development cycle, and creating documentation around best practices when it comes to machine learning models. The position may involve direct contact with customers, business consultants, and company executives. The ideal candidate for this position has previous data science experience and a strong statistics background, is detailed oriented, and has a diligent work ethic.
*Please note that Bear Cognition currently does not sponsor any work visas*
*Position is located in Charleston, SC
*Covid-19 Policy: All Bear Cognition employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination status.
· Responsible for products that are accurate, efficient, and well documented.
· Works collaboratively with peers to develop quality protocols, schema, and reports per agreed timelines.
· Identify business obstacles (through analysis) and produce actionable solutions.
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to work with management at every level
· Develop and maintain analytical reports in Tableau and Excel for executives as well as finance, sales, accounting, and operations departments to monitor business key performance metrics/indicators at different levels of details
· Provides detailed analysis of customer data that can easily be translated into visual representations.
· Acts as the first line of support for data questions and issues.
· Minimum of 3 years' work experience
Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, or a related field, or 3 additional years of relevant work experience
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to pivot & multi-task while under pressure and ability to deliver within fixed deadlines
· Strong analytical skills, user interface design skills, work ethic, critical thinking, problem solving ability, effective communication skills, and overall positive attitude
· Strong mathematical knowledge (Queueing Theory, Linear Programming, Game Theory, Probability, Poisson Distributions, etc.)
· Strong Experience with Developing and Deploying Machine Learning Models using Python or other coding language
Strong ability to communicate ML model results to peers and to visualizations for non-technical stakeholders
· Advanced in Statistical Analysis
· Ability to create advanced formulas and dynamic dashboards
· Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL
Experience with deep learning and AI
Experience with developing models for clients
Experience with Snowflake
Experience with Databricks
We are committed to giving you:
· A competitive starting base salary
· Training and Ongoing support
· Paid Certifications
· Tuition Reimbursement program
· Advancement opportunity
· A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as access to FSA account
· 401(k) program
Bear Cognition is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bear Cognition strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Bear Cognition offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Bear Cognition.